Who We Are
We are a people, a family, from a variety of churches and ministries, who love Jesus and desire to see Him glorified through worship, prayer, and Gospel proclamation!
What We Do
We come together to express worship and devotion to Jesus simply because He is worthy! We sing and declare what is true about God over our city and the nations, praying and decreeing prayers and promises from the Bible. Our desire is to extravagantly host the presence of God and be conformed into the image of Jesus so we can shine the light of His love everywhere we go.
Why We Do This
The First & Greatest Commandment
Torchhouse is here to provide many opportunities for people to gather and worship in the name of Jesus simply because He is worthy. We believe the Lord desires worship offered in His Name in every place, all over the earth. Torchhouse represents just one of the many expressions among a rapidly growing prayer and missions movement happening globally. There has never been a time such as this in human history where countless numbers of people are turning to the Lord in prayer and worship, seeking His face, and longing for His return! What an amazing time to be alive!
“For from the rising of the sun, even to its going down, My Name shall be great among the Gentiles; In every place incense shall be offered to My Name, and a pure offering; For My Name shall be great among the nations,” says the Lord of hosts. Malachi 1:11, NKJV
“Missions is not the ultimate goal of the Church. Worship is. Missions exists because worship doesn’t.” -John Piper/Author/Teacher
“It is only when we return to the First Commandment that we are empowered to live out the Second Commandment. It’s fulfilling the Great Commandment that leads us to the Great Commission. It is the fire that leads to fragrance. It is deep intimacy that leads to true advocacy.” -Sean Feucht/Founder of Burn24-7
Jesus answered him, “The most important of all the commandments is this: ‘The Lord Yahweh, our God, is one!’ You are to love the Lord Yahweh, your God, with every passion of your heart, with all the energy of your being, with every thought that is within you, and with all your strength. This is the great and supreme commandment. And the second is this: ‘You must love your neighbor in the same way you love yourself.’ You will never find a greater commandment than these.” Mark 12:29-31, TPT
We Promote and Encourage Foundational Christian Principles
- Love God, love all people, and love ourselves as we are loved by God, unconditionally!
- Faith toward God, reflected in a personal relationship with Jesus.
- Eternal hope of a future with God and life everlasting.
- Lifestyles of devotion to God: love, joy, peace, obedience, faithfulness, purity, consecration, selflessness, repentance and self control.
- Lifestyles of personal discipline: Bible reading, prayer, worship, fasting, generosity, serving, helping the helpless, sharing Jesus with others, etc.
- Lifestyles of Godly fellowship: love, humility, honor, unity, harmony, honesty, confession, repentance, mercy, grace, kindness, gentleness, patience, reconciliation and forgiveness.